Try-outs are on Sunday, October 21 and Saturday, October 27.
Sunday, October 21 Saturday, October 27
Boys 4: 12:30-2:30pm @ HS Fieldhouse 3:30-5:00pm @ HS Fieldhouse
Boys 5: 1:30-3:30pm @ HS Lower Gym 5:30-7:00pm @ HS Lower Gym
Boys 6: 4:30-6:00pm @ HS Fieldhouse 8:00-9:30am @ HS Fieldhouse
Boys 7: 11:30-1:30 @ HS Lower Gym 12:30-2:00pm @ HS Fieldhouse
Boys 8: 6:00-8:00pm @ HS Lower Gym 7:00-8:30pm @ HS Lower Gym
Girls 4: 4:00-6:00pm @ HS Lower Gym 2:00-3:30pm @ HS Lower Gym
Girls 5: 2:30-4:30pm @ HS Fieldhouse 2:00-3:30pm @ HS Fieldhouse
Girls 6: 10:30-12:30pm @ HS Fieldhouse 5:00-6:30pm @ HS Fieldhouse
Girls 7: 9:45-11:30am @ HS Lower Gym 6:30-8:00pm @ HS Fieldhouse
Girls 8: 8:00-9:45am @ HS Lower Gym 8:00-9:30am @ HS Lower Gym
All tryouts are at the High School this year in both the Fieldhouse (upper) and Lower Gym. All players (including those with tryouts in the Lower Gym) should check in first at the Fieldhouse.
What to bring to tryouts?
- A signed release form (if you have not already mailed one in). Available on our website.
- A copy of a birth certificate or passport (just a copy since we keep it) – but only if you have not tried out for a travel team before. If you’ve tried out before, you do not need to do this again.
- Water bottle (there are also fountains in the school).
- A correct sized basketball with your last name printed on it in magic marker. Boys 7th and Boys 8th grade play with 29.5” basketball. All other divisions play with a 28.5” basketball.
What not to bring?
- If you played travel basketball last year, please do not wear your travel basketball uniform jersey to tryouts. Uniform shorts, tournament t-shirts, etc. are fine.
Please check in at the Fieldhouse 10-15 minutes before the tryout session starts and be as prompt as you can in picking your child up at the end of the session. While most parents don’t stay for the tryouts, if you want to observe, you may however we ask that you sit off to the side and do not interact with players, coaches, or evaluators. Note: there will not be bleachers pulled out in either gym during tryouts as they interfere with the side court baskets.
Players will find out if they are selected for a team or not by Monday evening, October 29. Groups with two teams, all players selected for a team will practice together once prior to being assigned to a specific team. The balance of the cost for the season is due after teams are formed. Please – if you’re a returning player, make sure that you can find your uniform jersey and shorts and they’re in good enough shape to last another season (if you did not order a new one when you registered). If you didn’t order one but will need one, let Jocelyn know so we can update your registration.
There will be no weeknight practices the week of October 29. The first practice for everyone selected for a team will be Saturday, November 3. Weekday practices will start the week of Monday, November 5.
We did our best with the schedule but also understand there may be conflicts for people. We want everyone to make an effort to attend both tryout sessions however if you have a conflict, please email Jocelyn Woodruff at email@example.com so she may make a note of it for the coaches. With the limited amount of time and large number of players at tryouts, it’s important players be at as much of the two tryout sessions as possible.
Questions regarding registrations, please email Jocelyn.
Thanks and see everyone in a couple of weeks.