Please read this page carefully. It explains what you need to do in order to register for try-outs. The link to register for try-outs is at the bottom of this page.
(1) Read through the Program Information and Philosophy. This gives you a good overview of what to expect from travel team basketball in terms of schedule expectations.
(2) Mark the tentative try-out dates down on your schedule. Right now, we are fairly confident try-outs will be over the weekends of October 16, 2021 and Sunday, October 23, 2021. We hope players will attend both sessions (sessions will last between 60-90 minutes per date) but they are only required to attend one to be considered for a team.
(3) Ensure that your child is eligible to try-out for an Acton-Boxborough travel team. If your son/daughter has tried out for one of our teams before, unless you have moved from Acton or Boxborough and/or your child does not attend an Acton or Boxborough school anymore, you are eligible and do not need to read through that page.
(4) Fill out a registration form for each player that wants to try-out for a travel basketball team.
(5) We also need a release of liability form from all players. You may mail this now and get it out of the way or you may bring it with you to the first try-out session. We need this on file BEFORE your son or daughter will be permitted to try-out.
(6) Pay your non-refundable registration fee of $30. This fee is paid by credit card or Venmo and is required from all players wishing to try-out.
** To pay with PayPal using a credit or debit card, follow the hyperlink above (you do not need a PayPal account).
** To pay with Venmo, send your $30 to @abtbp. Please reference your child and division (e.g. John Smith 5th grade boys).
If your son or daughter is selected for a team this winter, the balance of the participation fee will be due after try-outs. The fee structure this year for players selected for a team will be as follows:
- Season cost for one player: $300 + $30 registration fee = $330 (The $30 registration fee is paid by everyone before try-outs; the balance is only collected if your son/daughter is selected for a team and will be due before November 1).
- Uniform Shirt (mandatory except for players who have a jersey purchased from us from last season only who may reuse it): $30
- Uniform Shorts (mandatory except for players who have a pair purchased from us from a previous season who may reuse them): $16
NOTE: Only the $30 registration fee is paid now. The balance along with uniform fees is due the Friday following the second tryout session.
Any family with a balance due from last season is required to settle that amount prior to registering for tryouts.