Please read this page carefully. It explains what you need to do in order to register for try-outs. The link to register for try-outs is at the bottom of this page.
(1) Read through the Program Information and Philosophy. This gives you a good overview of what to expect from travel team basketball in terms of schedule expectations.
(2) Mark the tentative try-out dates down on your schedule. Right now, we are fairly confident try-outs will be on Saturday, October 8, 2016 and Sunday, October 16, 2016. We hope players will attend both sessions (sessions will last between 60-90 minutes per date) but they are only required to attend one to be considered for a team.
(3) Ensure that your child is eligible to try-out for an Acton-Boxborough travel team. If your son/daughter has tried out for one of our teams before, unless you have moved from Acton or Boxborough and/or your child does not attend an Acton or Boxborough school anymore, you are eligible and do not need to read through that page.
(4) Fill out a registration form for each player that wants to try-out for a travel basketball team.
(5) If your child has not tried out for one of our travel teams before, you need to mail us a copy of your child’s birth certificate or passport. Please only send a photocopy as this will not be returned. Players who have tried out before do not need to send this to us. Mail your son or daughter’s birth certificate or passport (a photocopy) to:
A-B Travel Basketball Program
P. O. Box 2795
Acton, Ma 01720
(6) We also need a release of liability form from all players. You may mail this now and get it out of the way or you may bring it with you to the first try-out session. We need this on file BEFORE your son or daughter will be permitted to try-out.
(7) Pay your non-refundable registration fee of $30. This fee is paid by credit card and is required from all players wishing to try-out. If you are not able to pay by credit card, you may mail a check for $30 to us. If your son or daughter is selected for a team this winter, the balance of the participation fee will be due after try-outs. The fee structure this year for players selected for a team will be as follows:
- Season cost for one player: $235 + $30 registration fee = $265 (The $30 registration fee is paid by everyone before try-outs; the balance is only collected if your son/daughter is selected for a team and will be due in October).
- Uniform Shirt (mandatory except for players who have a jersey purchased from us from a previous season who may reuse it): $25
- Uniform Shorts (mandatory except for players who have a pair purchased from us from a previous season who may reuse them): $15
NOTE: Only the $30 registration fee is paid now. The balance is collected once teams are made in October.
Players may register right up until the try-out session however the registration deadline is Friday, September 30. After that date, an additional non-refundable $10.00 fee will be added to the registration fee.
If you feel that your family will need assistance with the above costs in order to let your son or daughter participate this winter, please contact our registrar Jen Poplyk who who can explain the financial aid policy of A-B Travel Basketball.